Treasurer for The Open Door (Taunton)
- Do you have a financial background?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills as a volunteer?
- Maybe you could be the new Treasurer of The Open Door?
The role of Honorary Treasurer is vital in the running of our charity and involves financial planning, budgeting, overseeing grants and submitting information for our accountant for the annual accounts.
To deliver the practical help and support to the homeless community our charity is dependent on 3 staff, 40 volunteers and 6 Trustees and the cost of running the centre is over £2000/week. It is, therefore, essential we find the right person to take on this pivotal role.
Open Door is a local charity based in Taunton and is supported by local churches, schools, local authorities and national organisations.
We are aiming to delegate more routine tasks to the Manager and Deputy Manager
The main responsibilities of the Treasurer will be:
General financial oversight
- Oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements to the board of Trustees.
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place.
Financial planning and budgeting.
- Prepare information for accounts to be formulated by an external Accountant and then filed at Companies House.
- Monitor the bank accounts and supervise the bookkeeping and payment systems.
- Oversee the external system for payment of staff salaries.
- Financial experience.
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Concern for people who are experiencing difficulties in life and a dedication to helping the homeless.
As a Treasurer you will be joining a team of 40 volunteers who help homeless people move forward in their lives.
If you have a financial background and would like more information about the role please contact our Centre Manager email@example.com or the Chair of Trustees Jonathan on firstname.lastname@example.org